The Design committee’s goal is to enhance downtown’s visual appeal and connections to the riverfront through aesthetic-forward design while creating an inviting pedestrian environment reflecting Salem’s unique assets.
Enhance the pedestrian experience and advocate for improving connectivity at the Riverfront.
- Working with the City moved all 19 planters to Court street and had them replanted
- Working with the City’s Landmarks staff to find the names of our historic alleys
- Purchased 25 SMSA-branded feather flags to be used for First Wednesday and other downtown events
- Coordination of holiday lights at downtown businesses
- Designed and purchased Feather Flags to be used for special downtown events
- Worked with the Carousel and Salem Center Mall to display horses and one elephant at the Mall
Patricia Fox, Chair
Jo Elisabeth Seibert